Kindness

My mother and I both take care of my grandmother, who is going blind because of eye disease.  It is a hard job, especially to see a once vibrant woman reduced down to a woman who can't see good, and  is crippled with arthritis.  It is truly one of the hardest things that I have had to do in life.  But I do it with great pleasure, as my grandparents sacrificed so much to ensure that I and my sister were taken care of while my parents worked.  It doesn't bother me at all to take the time that is needed to spend time with grandma or to help her.

The other day my mother and grandma were coming home from the doctors office and they went through the drive up window to Arby's.  They placed their order and went to pay for it at the window.  The cashier refused to take their money, stating that the man in front of them had paid for their meal.  They were so humbled that someone would do that for a stranger.  So they decided to pay it forward and pay for the car behind them.

This story helps restore some faith in humanity, especially after all that is going on in this world.  It was nice of someone to pay for my mom and grandma's meal, especially during the Holiday season, where it is a hardship on so many people.  Whoever you are stranger, thank you so much for helping my mom and grandma that day.  It means more to me than you will ever know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Home Ads

Total Pageviews